- Does your partner apply for credit cards, loans or open financial accounts in your name?
- Does your partner demand that the lease/mortgage or other large purchases be in your name?
- Does your partner force you to sign financial documents?
- Does your partner use physical force or threats to convince you to make a purchase?
- Has your partner ever refinanced a home mortgage or taken out a new loan without your knowledge?
- Does your partner refuse to pay bills?
Large or long-term financial decisions should be made jointly between partners and both partners should be willing to collaborate on making payments. If your partner make purchases or opens loan without your consent, refuses to pay or contribute to bills, or intentionally is hurting you financially, this is a sign of financial abuse.